For the first time, the Quality Assurance System (QAS) of the Company was certified for conformity with ISO 9001:1994 requirements by BVQI (currently: Bureau Veritas Certification) in 1999. Subsequently, with regard to the revision of standards from the series ISO 9000 and enforcement of standard ISO 9001:2000, a Quality Management System (QMS) was developed, implemented and applied in compliance with ISO 9001:2000 standard, and later, in compliance with ISO 9001:2008 standard. This QMS is based on the process approach and is duly certified by Lloyd’s Register Quality Assurance (LRQA).
By upgrading the Quality Management System according to the BDS EN ISO 14001:2005 requirements (on the environment) and BS OHSAS 18001:2007 (on the occupational health and safety), Risk Engineering LTD. developed and implemented the Integrated Management System (IMS), thus aiming to achieve and to demonstrate good results in protection of the environment and health and safety at the workplace by implementing measures to control the environmental impact of its products and services, and by proper occupational health and safety risk management. Risk Engineering LTD. IMS was certified by LRQA in January 2012.
The processes that Risk Engineering LTD. needs to include in its IMS, which are applicable to the Company’s activity, are divided into two basic types:
А) Management processes:
- Strategic management;
- Human resources management.
B) Processes which describe the main activities:
- Design/ development process;
- Project (site) Management;
- Maintenance of industrial and technical infrastructure sites;
- Construction, installation, maintenance and operation of power generating facilities;
- Commercial activity and marketing;
- Purchase of equipment, materials and services;
- Investigation of energy efficiency of industrial systems and certification of buildings in terms of energy efficiency;
- Consultancy activity and exercising construction supervision pursuant to the Spatial Planning Act;
- Management of the aspects having impact on the environment;
- Management of the occupational health and safety.
In the IMS documents describing the above processes, the following is presented:
- The sequence and the interaction of these processes;
- The provision of resources for their effective functioning and control;
- The criteria and methods for the monitoring and control of the processes.
The Management and the employees of Risk Engineering LTD. ensure permanent monitoring, respectively, measurement and analysis of these processes in order to implement actions required for achievement of the planned results, as well as to provide for continuous improvement of the efficiency thereof.
The documentation of Risk Engineering LTD. Integrated Management System includes the following types of documents, concerning quality, environment and occupational health and safety:
- An Integrated Management System (IMS) Manual, which describes the Integrated Management System of Risk Engineering LTD. and contains the documented and proclaimed policy and objectives on quality, environment and occupational health and safety;
- Documented procedures required by the standards, namely: procedures for control of documents and records, procedures for environmental management, occupational health and safety management procedures, procedures for internal audits, as well as for control of non-conforming products and for corrective and preventive actions;
- Process diagrams in order to provide for planning, functioning and effective management of these processes;
- Forms, providing for the effective documentation of the performance results achieved;
- Rules for the organization and activity of Risk Engineering LTD., describing the organizational structure of the Company, as well as the functions and tasks of its subdivisions;
- Job descriptions, regulating the requirements for staff qualification, responsibilities, powers and interactions;
- Records on quality, environment and occupational health and safety.
The Integrated Management System Manual introduces to Risk Engineering LTD. employees and clients the principles of definition, maintenance and management of quality, environment and occupational health and safety in all activities of the Organization in conformity with the requirements of BDS EN ISO 9001:2008, BDS EN ISO 14001:2005, and BS OHSAS 18001:2007. The entire IMS is considered there from the point of view of quality, environment and health and operational safety policy, as well as of the measurable objectives and the necessary documents for their realization, and reference is made to the IMS procedures, and to the processes presented schematically or other Company’s documents concerning quality, environment and occupational health and safety.
The documented procedures of Risk Engineering LTD. ensure the control of the whole documentation and data connected with the requirements of BDS EN ISO 9001:2008, BDS EN ISO 14001:2005, and BS OHSAS 18001:2007, and of the documents of external origin. The documents in process of development of current projects – terms of references, technical reports, design documentation, drawings, etc., are subject to control. Before using any data or issuing documents, these are revised and approved by qualified and authorized experts for adequacy and sufficiency.
The efforts of Risk Engineering LTD. Top Management and employees are focused on the rigorous fulfillment of requirements of the Client and external interested parties in what refers to the quality of products/ services rendered by the Company, as well as to the protection of the environment and occupational health and safety in order to achieve full compliance with the requirements of the Client and external interested parties. The Company’s performance is subject to continuous assessment aimed at improvement against measurable quality indicators.
Risk Engineering LTD. Management declares its commitment to the introduction and maintenance of the Integrated Management System and to the continuous improvement of its efficiency, involving the entire Company’s staff in this effort.